The health, safety and happiness of our students and staff is of paramount importance to us.
We have introduced new policies and procedures to ensure the safe return to class at DADA.
We have taken the following steps to facilitate a safe re-opening of the school following guidelines advised by NPHET and published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) and the HSE.
- We have successfully completed a full risk management survey and will comply with all health and safety regulations.
- All staff at DADA have taken Covid Safety courses.
- Classes will operate in pods.
- We will be keeping contact tracing logs at all classes and venues.
- All rooms and surfaces will be sanitised between classes. We will finish classes 5 minutes early to facilitate cleaning.
- Where possible windows will be kept open during class. Teachers will wear visors in corridors and public spaces and where it is not possible to maintain social distance.
- There will be no close contact (e.g. hand holding) in class between students.
- Only students will be allowed into the building to facilitate the reduction of people in the building. -If parents want to contact a teacher, please do so by email.
WHAT CAN PARENTS DO?
- Please ensure you have answered NO to all questions on the students COVID pre-attendance checklist before arriving to a class.
- Please continue to remind your children about hand hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Please reduce the amount of items that are brought into class. Anything that is brought should be clearly marked with your child’s name.